PTA Mission Statement
The Beacon Hill International School PTA is dedicated to promoting the educational excellence, health, and welfare of all students and their families through advocacy, community-building, and enrichment programs. We are committed to creating leaders and lifetime learners.
About Our School
Beacon Hill International is a proud community rich in culture and diversity:
- More than 86% of our students are children of color, and more than half speak English as their second language. More than 2/3 of all students are eligible for free or reduced meals.
- Many BHIS families come from places outside of the United States, including China, Guatemala, Laos, Mexico, Somalia, Vietnam, and elsewhere.
- Our school focuses on providing an inclusive, globally-oriented education and offers three language options: Spanish immersion, Mandarin immersion, and English.
What the PTA Funds
Our school relies on the PTA to contribute many of the programs which make the school special. Including the following:
- Multimedia art instruction for all grade levels
- Library books
- Materials for experiential science learning
- After School Sports instruction
- Supply stipends for teachers and staff
- PE Equipment for the gym
- Staff appreciation day
- Young Authors Day
- Library Assistant
- 5th grade camp
- Community building events
- Chinese & Spanish Instructional Assistant Teachers
- Extra Playground Supervisor